First thing first, I think Tripadvisor has overrated this property. I always want to try this hotel, because of the high rating in Tripadvisor. Maybe I expected too much again?
I booked the hotel (one bedroom suite with city view) during the buy 1 get 1 promo, the total cost for 2 nights stay with breakfast was THB 8,008 (tax and service charge included).
The distance between Conrad Bangkok and Oriental Residence Bangkok is only few minutes away. It was so hot that it is not walkable to the hotel.
I arrived at the hotel around 12:30pm, and was not granted an early check in. I left the luggage at the front desk and went out to continue my journey.
I went back to the hotel after the official check in time, I went straight to the check in counter and get my key card. My room was arranged to the 5/F. Out of 21 floors and I got the lowest floor (5/F). The baggage has already been transferred back to the room.
The room is huge which is exactly the same as the one shown on the official web site. It looks very chic. The one bedroom also comes with an open kitchen. I believe it is very suitable for a family stay as well.
The reason why I said not to overrate this hotel is because:-
1. I can hear the noise from the street at night, I woke up few times because of this.
2. The light kept turn on and off by itself. Scary!
3. The sofa was a bit smelly, I bet they don’t clean it very often.
4. There is no twin beds in the one bedroom suite. You have to choose a small guestroom in order to get the twin beds.
5. They ONLY provide the high end bath amenities for the TWO BEDROOM SUITE. I really really want to try the bath products from Penhaligon!
So long story short –> I got a room exchange by explaining the noisy situation to the front desk and they agreed to change the room for me and it was on the top floor. But still, I can still hear the noise from the street at night.
They provide TWG tea bag! LOVES it.